Over Two's Room Manager / Deputy Manager
Salary - The starting salary for the Room Manager role is £19,266.00 per annum for someone with a Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (EYE) or equivalent qualification or £20,280.00 per annum if the person holds a recognised Early Years Teacher qualification.
Our client is a charity providing quality childcare within the City of York. They have three children's day nurseries which provide full and part-time day care for children in the 6 weeks to 5 years age group. Each of their nurseries are Ofsted inspected, offer home-cooked food and have their own outdoor play areas.
They currently have an opportunity for a Full Time (37.5 hours p/week) Room Manager to join their team in the Over Two's Room on a permanent basis, at one of their Nurseries.
Applicants will also have the opportunity to be considered for the role of Deputy Manager alongside the role of being the Over Two's Room manager. (The role of Deputy Manager is one which can only be fulfilled by someone who is a Room Manager).
When applying, please indicate whether you are applying for the role of O2s Room Manager or the combined role of O2's Room Manager / Deputy Manager.
The successful candidate must be able to work flexible shift patterns enabling the nursery to offer care from 7.30am to 6pm.
- To be responsible for a team of Early Years Practitioners and to be proactive in team building, staff motivation and in developing the staff to their maximum potential.
- To be a positive role model.
- To provide a fully inclusive environment for children, staff and parents.
- To be fully committed to providing a stimulating, safe and caring Nursery environment which enables each child to reach their full potential.
- To ensure standards outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage are met.
- To support the role of the Nursery Manager.
- To ensure compliance of Health, Safety and Welfare standards within the Nursery.
- To ensure good quality provision is delivered in all areas, such as catering, cleaning and general maintenance.
- To liaise with the Nursery Manager to ensure maximum occupancy levels.
- To have secure knowledge about the progress that all of the children in the room are making, ensuring that each child is fully equipped to move to the next stage of their care and education and reflect on changes / adaptations which may be required as a consequence. To reflect on actions needed to raise children's attainments in areas where they fall below expected levels.
- To act as a Key Person for a group of children where appropriate. This role includes regular completion of children's progress records (including use of Tapestry software where appropriate).
Additional duties as Deputy:
To co-ordinate the development of NVQ trainees and students on placements in conjunction with the Nursery Manager and be the main point of contact with external Training Organisations.
To have responsibility for the management of the Nursery and deputise for the Nursery Manager in her absence and carry out such additional duties as required.
- Committed, self-motivated, enthusiastic person who enjoys providing high quality childcare to children.
- Flexible and adaptable person who can demonstrate the ability to work using their own initiative and who is able to co-ordinate the smooth running of the room.
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning with others in order to lead development.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and a relevant Level 3 qualification in Childcare and Education.
- A recognised Early Years Teaching qualification / EYITT Professional Status is desirable.
- GCSE Grade C equivalents (or a higher grade) in Maths and English are desirable.
Post-holders will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and employment will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.