The Kindergartens are a very successful group of nursery schools throughout Central London. Our goal at The Kindergartens is that every child will reach their potential both socially and academically whist having lots of fun along the way.
Please visit our website here:
Our schools in Kensington and Battersea are seeking to employ enthusiastic, qualified, early years teachers who will join our happy, dedicated teams.
The Kindergartens are a member of Little Dukes, the early years arm of the Dukes Education family. Dukes is a family of schools, teachers, learners, and parents connected by our pursuit of an extraordinary life for every member of our community.
Our philosophy is to support each individual to live with purpose, to encourage a love of learning, and to act as a team. All of this is underpinned by a quality standard that runs through everything we do.
We believe that education is a journey to be enjoyed and shared at every stage of life, unlocking extraordinary possibilities for every student.
To learn more about our family, visit
Role Title: Kindergarten Teacher
Hours: Part time (8am-1pm) and term-time only position.
Requirements for the position
- A level 3 or above qualification in early years education
- Preferably some experience within a similar setting
- A thorough understanding of EYFS
- A sound knowledge of child protection
- A current paediatric first aid certificate (preferred but not essential)
Your role will be to deliver an outstanding education to children aged 2 to 4 years and you will have sole responsibility for a dedicated group of children.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure appropriate planning and assessment is accurately maintained for key children
- Undertake the role of key person as described in the policy
- Prepare and supervise activities
- Supervise and support children at all times
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is provided to all children, parents, staff and visitors
- Ensure that all children are kept safe
- Notify Designated Officer of any safeguarding concerns
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, colleagues and visitors
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues and visitors
- Ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
- Work as part of a team to ensure the Riverside values are maintained
- Attend monthly staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake training as required
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line manager
Dukes Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.