Who we are
Hatching Dragons is one of the UK's leading bilingual early years educational brands, having built its reputation around Chinese and English immersion for which we have received 99% positive reviews from our community. Our aim is to become the defacto bilingual early years immersion provider across the UK and so have Russian, French, Arabic and more languages in our pipeline for future schools developments. We're also launching new childcare services in language enriched weekend schools, holiday camps and after school clubs in the communities we serve, along with home based educators and tutors to service childcare needs in the home environment, which we really do think we're an exciting place to work for those who want to continue to improve, do something new and different in the space
Our City of London School is rapidly growing and we're in need of strong, dependable and super inspiring early years educators to join the team and help us continue to deliver something different in nursery education. And we have an opening for a qualified, level 3 What's the Preschool Teacher role?
You will be a qualified teacher in early years education, specialising in preschool practice initially reporting to the management team in the school. You will be responsible therefore for:
* Supporting room based teams in educational delivery and welfare management in line with the EYFS and our policies and procedures
* All aspects of educational delivery in your room, in line with our bilingual immersion model and teaching and learning practice procedures
* Ensuring that all safeguarding and welfare is met under the EYFS and Safeguarding Children in Education / Working together to Safeguard Children
* All operational policies and procedures / routines are delivered in line with guidance
* Delivering on our environmental and sustainability policy at all times
What we can do for you:
* Profit related pay bonuses for all stafff
* Untapped level 2 training programmes in everything from First Aid through to Food Hygiene, practice led modules on baby care through to understanding autism - all paid for by us.
* Placements and rotations around the business for you to get a full, rounded experience of what we do and how we do it around town to embed you with our family
* Training Days each term to get together, relax, talk and understand how to do what we do better
* Recruitment bonuses - recommend a staffer to us and we'll give you £100 for anyone who signs up
* Post probation cash bonus of £250
* Welcome gifts and birthdays sent to your home
* Career progression - promotional opportunities across the group at our other sites as we grow
* Sales & HR Training - leveraging the best in tech platforms to see you become an accomplished CRM expert to broaden your skills sets beyond the classroom
* Profit related pay bonus schemes - when the schools hit target, so will you
* Day off for your birthday
Required Qualifications& Certificates:
Relevant childcare qualification to level 2 or above; Up to date DBS; Paediatric first aid;Safeguarding training; Food Hygiene; SEND; Fire Safety; A positive approach to gaining further qualifications and training and at least 2 years working in senior capacities in baby rooms.
Skills required for the Preschool Teacher:
* Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills
* Excellent communication skills, with children, colleagues, advisors and parents/carers
* A good understanding of the EYFS
* Good written and verbal skills for report writing, maintaining child records and providing feedback to parents/carers and colleagues
* A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
* The ability to model, motivate and support staff
* Problem-solving skills
* Basic IT skills
* Able to plan and manage own and others workload
* Desired - Mandarin
2 years experience in preschool
Good knowledge of Ofsted requirements for the provision of safe care to children aged 6 months to 5 years.
Knowledge of health & safety requirements for the environment in which children aged 6 months to 5 years are cared for
Experience of working in small team, supporting colleagues with peer on peer observations.
A commitment to the provision of high-quality childcare.
Being able to deliver a tough message in a fair way
Supporting nursery marketing events experience
Reliability and trustworthiness
A positive approach to inclusive practice with children, parents and colleagues
Enthusiasm for working with young children
Flexibility - occasionally working hours might be changed, e.g. if the the setting host marketing events
22 days holiday
6 month probation
40 hrs / week, 8 hour shifts Monday - friday
Hatching Dragons is committed to employing the most rigorous vetting procedures to ensure that its staff are the most qualified to care for its children. For full guidance, see our application form online. To Apply for this role, please submit your CV and one our recruitment team will be in touch for a telephone screening.
We are Covid secure on site - all staff are requested to take lateral flow tests to prove compliance prior to their shift and all visitors are requested to wear masks and sanitise when in the setting. We follow strict adherence to the government's advice