Five Education are working with a mainstream primary school based near Temple Cloud that is looking for a Learning Support Assistant to start next term in their year 4 class. They are recruiting a candidate to work as a general class LSA and also to support a child academically in 1:1 sessions. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children in a school or an educational setting.
This role will start ASAP
Responsibilities and duties:
* Assist and support the class Teacher in delivering lessons across all subjects
* Support children in the class who are struggling academically
* Planning and delivering 1:1 Maths and English lessons for an individual child that is behind academically
* Acting as a positive role model around the school
* Prepare resources for differentiation under instruction from the teacher
* Experience working with children in a school or educational setting for at least 6 months
* Experience working with children/ students with SEN
* Comfortable delivering 1:1 Maths and English lessons
* Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
* Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
* Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes
* Able to work 8.30-3.30, 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, TRA checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview. Five Education do not believe in using umbrella bodies, we use PAYE and how this isn't comparable with umbrella body pay and that there is no admin fee as with Umbrella bodies and Five Education pay employers national insurance on top of the salary. Please note pay rate is for illustration and does include holiday pay.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented at this level.
For further information, please contact Max Woodward at Five Education