Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students' academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the role
As a Product Design Manager, you will lead and manage a team of designers, helping them deliver solutions to fascinating and challenging problems, improve processes, and grow as designers. Your team creates experiences that educators rely on to improve student outcomes. You'll work closely with Product, Engineering, and Client Success on creative ways to meet needs, make trade-offs, and ensure our products are valuable, usable, and delightful.
* Coach, manage, and grow a team of product designers, providing design direction, clear feedback, and pushing the quality of design work
* Work closely with Product, Engineering and other cross-functional partners to drive design vision and strategy across multiple product lines
* Support your team to identify, understand, and solve complex problems to address our users' needs
* Cultivate a thriving culture where designers are inspired, feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging, and are motivated to grow in their careers
* Improve existing and implement new processes and systems to support our quickly growing design team
* Recruit, review, and interview design candidates, and play an active role in improving our design hiring process
* Continuously build your knowledge of K-12 education in order to more deeply understand the needs of our users: teachers, counselors, principals, and district leaders
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* 5+ years of Product Design or UX experience
* 2+ years of experience in a role managing and supporting designers
* A strong portfolio that demonstrates high-level understanding of complex, end-to-end user experiences
* Case studies or examples of how you improved design operations, systems, or processes
* Strong design craft, as demonstrated by deep knowledge of complex information architecture, interaction design, and visual design principles
* Experience recruiting and interviewing designers from diverse backgrounds
* Ability to communicate clearly, succinctly, and inclusively, in a way that generates enthusiasm and invites feedback and engagement; exceptional listening skills
Bonus points for: Experience working in Education, EdTech, B2B SaaS products
About the Design Team
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design and therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we've seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.