Salary: £22,440 Pro Rata
Contract Type: Permanent - Part time (22.5 hours P/W)
Location: Leeds. Leeds International Study Centre.
Leeds International Study Centre and its programmes are provided by Study Group in collaboration with the University of Leeds and Leeds Beckett University.
You will be part of the Student Experience Team at the Leeds International Study Centre working with the existing Progression and Welfare Support Officers supporting the welfare and progression needs of students. You will need to be highly organised, with strong ICT skills and a background in student support, ideally with international students.
- To provide 1:1 welfare and pastoral support to students, referring them for additional support where required from external services.
- To undertake bi-weekly welfare case conferences.
- Create and monitor Support Plans for students
- To ensure effective case management of all welfare concerns and LDHD students, creating and maintaining accurate records in the student information management system in line with GDPR requirements.
- To be the first point of contact for any member of staff who has a concern about the safety or wellbeing of a student.
- To monitor and support vulnerable students in terms of their daily attendance, in line with centre policy
- To ensure the safeguarding of students in line with centre policy, acting as a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead, and monitoring the out-of-hours emergency phone on a rota basis.
Progression Support Duties:
- Acting as a personal tutor delivering weekly Academic Success tutorials to your tutor groups
- To design and create learning materials around study skills, welfare topics and employability for Academic Success tutorials.
- To update and maintain the virtual learning environment and embed alternative digital learning technologies into delivery.
- To provide 1:1 personal development, academic and progression counselling to students.
- To monitor the academic engagement of students
- To put interventions in place in relation to attendance
- To track student performance, liaise with the academic team to identify suitable intervention strategies, and ensure performance and progression records are maintained.
- To complete direct entry applications for students and submit them to partner universities.
- To monitor, track and provide reports on student destination offers and assist students in finding alternative choices where they do not meet their progression requirements.
- To assist in ensuring the well-being of under 18's through the daily check-in process.
- To assist in organising and delivering student induction, including ensuring UKVI compliance requirements are met through document checks and data inputting.
- To deal with general student queries - face to face, by email and phone
- To foster productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Any other duties as required by the Senior Coordinator: Progression and Welfare Support and the Senior Leadership Team.
- To adhere to all compliance requirements in relation to GDPR, UKVI requirements, Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
- Level 4 (HNC/HND/Foundation Degree/Year) - essential or Degree level or equivalent (preferable).
- Experience of working in a student support setting, ideally with international students, or another similar setting
- Experience in providing advice and guidance to students or clients
- Experience in working with students with Learning Difficulties, Health and Disability Needs (LDHD) or an understanding of LDHD support requirements is desirable
- Experience of working with students for whom English is a second language is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills
- High-level communication skills with an ability to communicate with key stakeholders including students in a professional and helpful manner
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines whilst maintaining a professional and calm manner
- Strong IT skills specifically Microsoft Office are essential as well as experience of working with record management systems
- Good attention to detail
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as 2017, 2018, and 2020 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.