Please note this is a temporary role for the duration of 12 months. You will be required to work both on site at SE1 0AA & from home.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFCATION
Job Title/Grade: Registry Support Officer - Grade 5
Purpose of the post:
· To provide effective support, training and documentation to system users
· To improve student experience of the Enrolment and Re-enrolment processes, by responding promptly and efficiently to communications and attending events.
· To provide student record management.
· To contribute to data quality by maintaining and updating data in various systems
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To provide an efficient, friendly, and helpful first line support service - telephone, email and, face to face support - to users of corporate applications.
2. To provide an efficient, specific student records management, enrolment, and re- enrolment service for all customers of the Registry including but not limited to the following:
a. Student Administration teams
b. International Team
c. Collaborations Team
d. Apprentice Team
e. Marketing, Recruitment and Admissions Team
3. To administer user accounts for the Student Record System and The Registry Re- enrolment Administration Module, ensuring accurate auditable records are kept of all applications for accounts and removal of users that no longer require them.
4. To act as a first point of call for applicants to the university who have queries concerning enrolling on courses and provide individual tailored responses.
5. To escalate any calls or emails that cannot be resolved immediately to the appropriate authority, maintaining ownership, and ensuring that it is followed up, a solution found and communicated to the user.
6. To provide all new users of the student record system with a basic level of training on a one-to-one basis. To own and maintain the Registry CPD programme, including arranging training sessions, obtaining feedback and passing information to the OD team when staff have attended a session
7. To carry out regular checks of the data in the Student Record System, where it has been input outside of the Registry. This includes checking module registrations, results and other relevant codes added by the School Administration Team
8. To be responsible for the completion of all pre-audit checks of the student record system and other databases, to ensure compliance with university regulations and procedures.
9. Work with auditors - both internal and external - to ensure that regular and ad-hoc audits are carried out in a timely and efficient manner with all relevant data being complete and accurate.
10. To work with the Deputy Assistant Registrar (Records) in arranging small enrolment sessions, including co-ordination with relevant staff and the Estates team. Contacting applicants with enrolment information and providing a smooth enrolment process to enhance the student experience
11. To be responsible for carrying out specific daily systems updating activities, including running system processes, undertaking data uploads and data entry, to improve the data quality of corporate applications and information provided by students is updated on their record in a timely manner.
12. To be responsible for the documentation contained in the Registry Handbook ensuring that all new processes are documented, and all others are reviewed annually.
13. To be able to test systems in preparation for and after upgrades providing feedback to the relevant ICT staff in a timely and appropriate manner
14. To provide cover for colleagues when they are on leave.
15. To be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Registry, for example by ensuring the provision of stationary, equipment and maintenance of finance records.
16. To undertake other duties as may reasonably be required by the Line Manager and other senior Registry colleagues.
A. Qualifications to A level standard, including Maths and English GCSE or equivalent experience
B. Experience of working in a fast-paced environment and able to work accurately and calmly under pressure
C. Proven IT skills in particular using MS Office tools, especially MS Excel to manipulate and present data.
D. A good working knowledge of various internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox
E. Able to work on own initiative to investigate customer issues and recommend solutions
F. Experience of writing and maintaining process documentation
G. Excellent oral and written communications skills interacting with internal and external customers at all levels including delivering training
H. Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service
I. Task focused with a proven ability to prioritise and meet challenging deadlines
J. Able to work supportively as a member of a team delivering a range of services
K. Commitment to the values of the University Behavioural Framework (EPIIC)
L. Able to demonstrate an understanding of equality and diversity, and its practical application