RN- EDUCATOR - INSTRUCTOR (CLASSROOM SETTING)
5-10% *Potential Relo**
$10k Sign-On for Master-Level RN Educators**
***LOCATIONS: St. Elmo, Brooklyn Park, Blaine, St Cloud (NO SIGN-ON), & Bloomington, MN (Bloomington is the main campus)
Instructors are responsible for teaching courses in a variety of modalities while promoting and supporting the vision and mission of our University. Minimum expectations for all faculty include focus on the following areas:
• Dynamic, Active Classroom
• Subject Matter Expertise
• Student Support and Professionalism
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & SUPERVISION
The Instructor reports to the Nursing Administrator. (The Nursing Administrator may be the Area Dean, Dean of Nursing, Associate Dean of Nursing or Associate Dean of Nursing, Operations based on the staffing model). This role has no direct reports.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities consistent with the function. The employee is expected to perform all other duties as requested, directed, and/or assigned.
Teaching Effectiveness: Professionalism, Use of Technology, and Content Expertise
Dynamic, Active Classroom
• Use of effective teaching strategies and multiple teaching techniques; teaching and modeling appropriate level learning skills and creating an environment conducive to learning.
• Creating high levels of student engagement through activities, community building, and student-centered learning including the use of live classroom tools to hold synchronous learning sessions with students.
• Clarity, relevance, and connection of class session objectives to course performance objectives.
• Organized classroom and efficient use of class time.
Subject Matter Expertise
• Demonstrate mastery and ability to articulate and relate to students.
• Play an integral role in the development and implementation of curriculum and assessment for their area of expertise.
Student and University Support and Professionalism
• Faculty are responsible for creating a classroom presence in support of students in collaboration with their Dean.
• Student support and outreach that supports the success of students is accomplished through faculty availability to students in all courses through synchronous or asynchronous communication and meetings to help students achieve the learning objectives for their course(s).
• Faculty will attend events, programmatic meetings, and committee work as agreed upon and or designated by the Dean.
• Appropriate behavior, language, professional communication, demeanor and dress will be exhibited at all times.
Position Title: RN - Educator (4 needs as of 10/27/2021- Need to fill by Jan '22**) $10K SIGN-ON: See tiers below:
- Instructor: No exp, possibly will accept BSN
- Associate Professor: MSN required plus 2+ years pf teaching exp.
- Professor: MSN, DNP preferred. 2+ years of lecture/lab/clinical
Salary/Pay Scale/ Differentials/ Sign-ON:
**Confirming if they'll accept seasoned RNs w/ just a BSN**
- Min (no educator experience) = $75k MID: $78k MAX: $80K - SALARY. Some wiggle room for Rockstar's.
- Relocation: usually 10% of base. This will be discussed with the candidate if candidate is beyond 50 miles.
- Instructor: 2+ years of clinical experience, MSN REQUIRED
- Associate Professor: 2+ years of clinical experience and at least 1+ year of teaching. Doesn't have to be at the university level, however, they will need to have legit precepting experience.
- Professor: MSN, DNP preferred, Must have 2+ years of recent clinical experience & at least 2 years of university-level teaching experience
- ALL RANKS must have an active RN MN License and recent clinical experience. Strong Med/Surg RNs, Mother Baby, & Mental Health are the ideal, however, they will interview different specialties.
Interview Process/Hiring Requirements:
2-interview process - All Virtual (Teams):
- Phone Screen with Client: If she likes them, she'll let me know and I'll coordinate a time/day for a formal interview.
- Formal interview: Candidate will meet with Area Dean of Nursing and Regional Dean of Nursing. If they're interested, an offer will be extended within a couple of days.
- IMPORTANT: This interview WILL require a 15-minute teaching Demo and run at least 1 hr.
· BACKGROUND CHECK:
Typical state background check
Please Apply today!