Position: Room Leader
Salary Banding: £21,500 - £27,000 per annum (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
Hours: Full time / Permanent / Mon-Fri / 40 hours
Location: West Norwood/ Dulwich, London
We are currently recruiting for a passionate Room Leader to join our wonderful West Norwood Day Nursery and Preschool. Our nursery is situated in West Dulwich, London.
Our nursery is proudly rated Ofsted 'Good', set within a beautifully designed building. The nursery features a stunning 'all weather' garden, complete with a hobbit house, cycle track, climbing frame, water feature, stage area and much more! We have several spacious rooms, which are fully equipped with premium age appropriate facilities, and each room has direct access to their own garden!
As a Room Leader working with us, you can expect a competitive salary from £21,500 - £27,000 per annum, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Lead mentor and inspire a team to deliver the highest care and educations standards and support and carryout 1-1 meetings and supervisions to support checking staff knowledge and understanding of Policies and Procedures and child development and EYFS and bright Beginning curriculum and regulatory standards.
* Ensuring internal policies and procedures and legislation from governing bodies are adhered to and team members can demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of Policies and Procedures through their individual impact statements 1-1 meetings and their practice.
* In line with Bright Horizons UK standards for pedagogy, lead and support the Bright Beginnings, Bright Horizons curriculum to ensure a child-centred approach to operating all aspects of the nursery, and ensure the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children in line with the Quality Assurance Framework.
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication with all stakeholders of the nursery and wider bright horizons community including parent's professionals and colleagues.
* Support and manage Keeping Everyone Safe policies and procedures and continuously demonstrate, monitor and improve the practices and behaviours that underpin a high performing safety culture
* When required, be the Designated Safeguarding Lead at the nursery and hold overall responsibility for the management of safeguarding and child protection policies in the nursery as the DSL.
* To lead by example and drive the culture of Safeguarding Children and promoting professional staff behavior.
* In collaboration with NM and DM contribute to succession planning, identification and delivery of relevant training, and additional requirements for personal development plans including coaching and mentoring for all staff you are leading.
* Working as part of a larger team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth
* Engage with the Local Authority and understand the referral processes when necessary to engage with professionals to make a child referral.
* Actively promote and support charities including the Bright Horizons Foundation for children
* Continuation of personal professional development to ensure your knowledge and skills are up to date, full, and relevant to the role of leading teams as a room leader.
* Working in collaboration with colleagues in achieving positive working relationships through effective communication leadership and guidance and the support of all members of the nursery team.
* A strong record of on-going training and/or professional qualifications since qualifying
* Proven experience of working in early years education settings with successful management leading to 'Good or Oustanding ' regulatory inspection outcomes
* Strong decision-maker, with the proven ability to work as part of a larger team to ensure essential day to day tasks are completed in line with nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Experience of food preparation and the completion of relevant training linked to food management
* Experience of proving support and leadership to a staff team to enable staff in fulfil their roles, responsibilities and legislation duty in relation to safeguarding children.
* Current 12hrs Paediatric First Aid Certificate
* Full and relevant level 3 qualification (essential)
* 12 hours paediatric first aid and first aid at work (essential)
* Level 2 Food Hygiene or equivalent training and compliance in food management
* Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly (essential)
* Evidence of continuous professional development
* Undergraduate or Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies or other relevant subject (Desirable)
* EYPP/EYTT or QTS post graduate status (Desirable)
* Full, clean driving licence and flexibility to travel as necessary
We look forward to receiving your application