We are currently recruiting for a passionate Room Leader to join our wonderful Mayfield Nursery. Our nursery is situated in Wandsworth, London.
Our 66-place nursery is proudly Ofsted rated 'Good'. The nursery is set within a beautiful, large period building with light and airy rooms. The Nursery also features an enclosed Garden where children can explore outdoor space!
As a Room Leader working with us, you can expect a competitive salary from £24,575 - £26,000 per annum, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
Your role as Room Leader will include:
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1's, supervisions and appraisals.
- Consistently deliver and plan innovative learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
- Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by effective delivery of the key person approach.
- Ensuring an enabling environment provides consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
- Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered to whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
- Promote and follow the nursery policy & procedures for managing behavior including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviors.
- Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or careers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is always maintained.
- Post-qualified experience of working within the Early Years sector.
- Previous experience of working as a Key person.
- Full and relevant Level 3 and or above (equivalent) Childcare qualification
- Current Pediatric First Aid
The well-being of our staff is our priority, we have an inclusive culture and open-door policy. When you are part of the team you can look forward to the following benefits:
- BUPA Employee Assistance program, this offers support and practical advice on issues that might be impacting your wellbeing
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Great working culture we enjoy night outs together
- Free massages! To relieve stress and tension (3 massages per year)
We look forward to receiving your application!