**PRU - Lewisham - Contract Science Teacher (MPS or UPS) - January 2021 Start - 5 Days a week**
Exciting vacancy for a Teacher of Science / Science Teacher to start a new contract role in January 2022 at an PRU in the Lewisham Borough.
Successful and well-run PRU located in the Lewisham borough. The SEN Teachers and behavioural support staff are supportive, consistent, empathetic and dedicated in their roles and ensuring the safeguarding of the children. For the most part, the students have been diagnosed with SEMH / CAMHS/ Complex Needs.
New exciting role for a Science Teacher / teacher of Science on a full-time contract post for and would be suitable to either an NQT or experienced teacher. The successful Science Teacher /Teacher of Science has excellent experience teaching the UK curriculum in either an Alternative Provision/ SEN School / Pupil Referral Unit/ Mainstream School. Additionally must have a UK recognised teaching qualification, ie Teach First / PGCE/ Cert Ed / SCITT/ QTS / QTLS. Your class sizes will be between 5- 8 children, which will ensure you are able to engage your pupils on both a 1:1 basis as well as in small groups at both KS3 and GCSE. Your SEN experience and expertise must be with ether challenging behaviour children; PDA/ ASD/ ADHD/ SEMH / CAMHS etc. You will be the type of Teacher of Science/ Science Teacher who has ideally taught children who are on Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs). Your lessons will be fun, engaging and creative so that you are able to get the best out of the young people.
- You are a well-qualified Teacher of Science; Cert Ed /PGCE/ SCITT/ Teach First / ITT / QTS/ QTLS
- MUST have a strong STEM background and taught Maths at KS3 & GCSE
- NQTs and Experienced Science Teacher / Teacher of Science / SEN Teacher welcome to apply
- Your SEN Experience; CAMHS/ SEMH/ ADD/ ODD/ Complex Needs/ASD/ ADHD / Challenging Behaviour
- You Must have taught Maths in either an; Alternative Provision / Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)/ SEN School / Provision/ Mainstream School
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of a "Good" lesson
- Able to successful de-escalate challenging behaviour
- In date DBS with the update service OR willing to pay for one ASAP
- Live in or close to the borough of Lewisham