To assist in the preparation of learning areas for practical work and to supervise and maintain specified areas. To maintain a stock of and to issue consumables to staff in accordance with needs. To install, maintain and repair equipment and facilities.
* The Science Technician will assist in the preparation of learning areas for practical work.
* To have nominated responsibility for the supervision, and maintenance of specified areas.
* The Science Technician will issue consumables and resources to staff and students in accordance with faculty/divisional policy.
* Maintain a stock of consumables in accordance with faculty/divisional needs.
* Install, maintain, modify and repair as necessary, faculty resources and equipment and facilities.
* The Science Technician will maintain a record of resources and equipment.
* Participate, as requested, in the setting up of displays and demonstrations for open days, marketing events and exhibitions.
* Level 3 in relevant discipline
* Minimum Level 2 in Maths and English
* Practical knowledge to repair and/or modify equipment/resources
* Maintaining a stock of equipment/resources
* Keeping accurate records of equipment/resources
* Use of IT Spreadsheets / data base
* Use of technology in teaching areas
* Delivering a high standard of service
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Staff Development Opportunities
* Free use of College gym
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request. As we get a high number of applications we may be unable to give feedback to unsuccessful candidates. We will retain your details to keep you informed of other opportunities. National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and is an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all backgrounds