Job Title: Science Technician
Location: East London
Salary: £23,551 per annum
Hours: 36 hours (09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri)
Closing date: 29/11/2021
Interview date: 07/12/2021
Our REED Further Education branch are working with an East London based college to recruit for a new Science Technician. The College is at the heart of a new, vibrant East London that is fast emerging. They are one of the largest and most successful FE Colleges in the London area, and their innovative and dynamic approach supported by high quality staff means that they are at the leading edge of local delivery.
- To assist in the preparation of learning areas for practical work.
- To have nominated responsibility for the supervision, and maintenance of specified areas.
- Issue consumables and resources to staff and students in accordance with faculty/divisional policy.
- Maintain a stock of consumables in accordance with faculty/divisional needs.
- Install, maintain, modify and repair as necessary, faculty resources and equipment and facilities.
- Maintain a record of resources and equipment.
- Participate, as requested, in the setting up of displays and demonstrations for open days, marketing events and exhibitions.
- Lift, move and transport equipment and materials when required.
Candidates will need:
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline
- Minimum Level 2 in Maths and English
- Ability to physically lift, move and transport equipment and/or materials
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and show initiative
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
*If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now'. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.