LTA / Reed Education are seeking a Cover Supervisor for a nurturing and hardworking Secondary School in the Ormskirk area. This new cover supervisor role is a full-time temporary position covering 5 days per week, from 08:30-15:30. This role is starting as soon as possible and then is on a ongoing for the right candidate.
Previous experience/strong knowledge of working with Secondary aged pupils is essential for this position.
The successful applicants must:
• Must have recent relevant experience of supporting the teaching and learning of Secondary aged pupils.
• Be reliable, committed and interested in working with students and demonstrate the qualities of a good role model (qualities of compassion, trustworthiness, politeness and good listening skills)
• Have good interpersonal skills; be trustworthy, punctual as well as being patient and confident when working with children.
Within this role, your main responsibilities will be:
•Establishing and developing strong relationships with pupils, parents, colleagues, and carers
•Have a clear understanding of all the needs of all pupils
•Monitoring pupils progress in reference with the school's practice
•Excellent behaviour management skills
In return we will offer the following services:
• Highly competitive rates of pay
• Weekly pay, including holiday pay
• Reed Discount Club and Pension Scheme
• Access to continuous professional development and Safeguarding courses
• Your personal consultant, here to promote and develop our staff, and focused Cover supervisor roles
• Offering Ad-hoc, Long Term and Permanent roles within the local area to start immediately.
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children's barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
Reed are committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services