Our SEND team at Teachers UK are looking to recruit two Special Educational Needs (SEND) Teaching Assistant for an alternative provision for Social, Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH) within the area of Shirebrook
This role will be a full-time commitment starting ASAP
The role will be on an ongoing basis and for the right person a permanent opportunity will be offered.
We are particularly looking for SEMH Teaching assistant supporting children with complex needs in education along side SEMH
The school is a alternative education provision based alongside a farm park with a firm belief that learning is found through real life experiences offering its students a balance of therapeutic and academic sessions to give learners balance throughout the day. Age range is 8-16 years old and classrooms no more than 5 per class and some 1:1 work.
Typical School hours are 8.15am-3.30pm with an hour for lunch. Any variance to this will be confirmed by your consultant prior to your assignment.
We are looking for candidates who have :
* the relevant teacher qualifications including Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
* previous experience working in a special school
* excellent SEND Knowledge
* positive and effective behaviour management strategies
* are able to suitably plan stimulating lessons and successfully incorporate a sensory educational environment
* excellent curriculum knowledge
* a proven track record of raising attainment within an SEND setting
* excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Benefits of working with Teachers UK:
* Dedicated and specialist consultants committed to supporting you on your next career path
* Competitive rates of daily pay
* Attractive refer a friend scheme
Teachers UK a leading education recruitment agency placing Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors, HLTAs and Nursery Nurses into Schools and Nurseries across East midlands
Teachers UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all supply staff to share this commitment. As part of our recruitment process, we will undertake the necessary checks to complete your