Every young person deserves the right to access education. AtAmbitiousCollege we supportour learners to realise their potential and gain skills to become successful.
Closing date: Friday 5th November 2021.
Hours: 35 hours per week, Term Time only, 9.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.00pm Friday with 30 minute break.
Our learners begin their journey with us at various points of the year, depending on their previous educational situation and their transition to start atourcollege, which is specialised for them.
Who are AmbitiousCollege?
AmbitiousCollege is part of Ambitious about Autism, the national charity for autistic children and young adults. We currently have two co-located college campuses in North and West London providing services and support to young adults aged 16-25.
We are very proud of the work that we do and all of our learners' achievements. We are an Ofsted 'Good' provision and received the Natspec Award in 2020 for 'Wellbeing & Mental Health' as well as the Natspec 'Home Learning' award 2021. We stand with our Autistic learners and have high aspirations for them. We strive for the impact of our curriculum to be the attainment of positive destinations, and the skills they need to be successful in them, for all our young people post AmbitiousCollege.
Your role as an SEN Learning Support Assistant:
- You will be given all the training & resources needed so that your focus is ensuring the young person you are working with is able to achieve their goals and aspirations.
- A substantial part of our learner's curriculum is community access, where you will lead and manage fun and educational activities outside of the college day to day.
- You will be valued as an expert within your field of work and allowed the creative space to deliver person centred lesson plans as appropriate.
What do you get in return?
- Sociable Working hours: 9.00am start each day and an early finish on a Friday.
- Holidays: 10 weeks non-term time per academic year + bank holidays.
- Salary: Highly competitive salary reviewed at 6 months and then annually.
- Travel: Free on-site parking, Cycle2Work scheme up to £5000 and season ticket loans to spread the cost of your commute.
- Learning & development: A wide range of CPD opportunities, internal vacancies and additional responsibilities to give you the chance to explore different career pathways.
- Wellbeing: Excellent free wellbeing programmes, social wellbeing committee: open forums to discuss current and ongoing events, running clubs, cooking classes and more! We also have an Employee assistance programme, open 24/7 that offers support and counselling.
If you are empathetic, caring and dedicated to putting ouryoung adults at the heart of what you do every day then we want to hear from you.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from allsuitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. Allapplicationswill be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The Safeguardingresponsibilities of the post as per the job description and personal specification.
Whether the post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendment to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2021. This means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are 'protected', so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account.