SEN Maths Teacher - Drama School: Hackney
Are you an early Career Teacher of Maths and seeking your next full time position in a supportive and creative environment?
Are you searching for your first teaching position here in London?
SEN Art Teacher
SEN: EBD and ASD
Daily rate £150 - £170 depending on experience
The school An Alternative Provision Drama School in the London Borough of Hackney are looking to recruit an SEN Maths Teacher for an immediate start for the rest of the academic year.
As a SEN Maths Teacher, you will be teaching pupils presenting with EBD and SEMH.
Applicants for the SEN Maths Teacher role will have a full UK QTS, have an interest in SEN and ideally have worked with students with challenging behaviour.
* To contribute to the delivery and development of the curriculum, having regard to the educational, physical and social needs of the students within a learning environment.
* To work collaboratively with other members of staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* To maintain and use short, medium and long term plans in delivering the curriculum.
* To set, monitor and review personalised targets that will optimise learning for each individual.
* To monitor, assess, review and report on the progress and work of students to parents, team members, senior staff, examination and funding bodies through reports and identified meetings as directed and as is required through school policies and procedures.
* To maintain knowledge through training and research where appropriate and take responsibility for own professional development.
* To develop lesson plans analysing and self-reflecting on the outcomes.
Ensuring and assessing the safety and safeguarding of children key requirements for the position include:
* DBS - In date, with no reprimands which prohibit working with children
* Relevant qualifications - a degree along with relevant teaching qualifications (ie PGCE)
* QTS is desirable. If these are absent then you must have ample teaching experience
* Experience of teaching children with challenging behaviour is essential
* Strong commitment and a positive attitude to the role and objectives
* Interest/experience in drama and performing arts is desirable
Does this sound like the job for you?
If so, apply today! Please apply here or email with a copy of your most recent CV. Alternatively, call (phone number removed) for more information.
Academics are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people