- Are you a Key Stage 3 teacher with a passion for SEN?
- Are you an SEN teacher who wishes to further their career in SEN?
- Are you passionate about SEN and working with young people with special needs?
Special Education Teacher
£150-£180 per day depending on experience
An SEN school in East London are looking for a Key Stage 3 teacher to join their staff with immediate effect.
The pupils at the school are aged 2-7 years old and have a range of SEND with mixed classes of ASD and SLD. There is a large focus on Assessment and Early Intervention at the school.
The ideal candidate:
- Is self-motivated, resilient and flexible
- Is an outstanding practitioner who can deliver high quality of education for all pupils at school
- Has a calm demeanour and comfortable with providing personal care
- Will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of working with children with complex needs, specifically ASD
- Will have excellent interpersonal skills, and enjoy dealing with parents, colleagues, members of allied agencies and of course the students.
- Wil have an awareness of sensory processing and understanding of different communication strategies, learning activities, which are differentiated to meet the needs of the pupils in their group and complete formative and summative assessment as appropriate.
- Can support the educational and emotional development of pupils with complex SEN.
- Have QTS
- Have experience working full-time as an SEN Primary Teacher, specifically with students with ASD
- Be committed to the school and students
- Passionate about teaching
- Be computer literate
- Confident working as part of a team and on your own
- Experience in working with challenging behaviour
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
Does this sound like the job for you?
If so, apply today! Please apply here or email with a copy of your most recent CV. Alternatively, call for more information.
Academics are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.