SEN Teacher Medical PRU South East London
London Teaching Pool are currently recruiting for a specialist SEN Teacher to work in a Medical Pupil Referral Unit with children who are on the excluded from mainstream education due to medical reasons. This unit is based in South East London
This is a centre teaching pupils in KS3 & 4 who are unable to attend school due to their medical needs, not behavioural. It is very much like mainstream provision with the profile of pupils being similar in that there are some very able pupils who will achieve top grades at GCSE as well as some pupils with specific learning needs.
Many of the pupils have mental health needs and are supported by CAMHS. The main differences are:
Reduced curriculum offer- the school delivers core subjects in the morning; English, maths and science with enrichment in the afternoons.
Class sizes max 8-10 with some additional TA support in classes.
Therapeutic and nurturing environment and approaches to support access to the curriculum.
There is no specialist knowledge about Mental Health needed the pupils just want good teaching in class so they can get their GCSEs and move forward
This is an excellent opportunity to secure a long term perm position!
The school is looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and compassionate teacher to come on board and join their hard working SEN team.
- You will need to have QTS or QTLS
- You will be required to be committed to the development of both yourself and the pupils in your class.
- You must be able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning alongside a multi-disciplinary classroom team
- You must understand and be committed to safeguarding children
The schools offers:
- A committed and enthusiastic staff and governors
- Quality professional development
- An exciting opportunity to shape the future of our school and to set the culture for achievement and progress for all of our pupils
- Purposeful, happy and supportive environment with learning for all at its centre.
If you engage the students in a positive way, this will be a very satisfying role, which would look great on your CV.
Your application will be passed onto the client and if we do not contact you directly, your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.
TLTP Group is an Equal Opportunities employer. Subject to observance of all UK and EU current legislation we shall not discriminate to exclude individuals on the grounds of age, race, colour, gender (birth or reassigned), sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, marital status, ethnic or national origin, health, pregnancy, childcare responsibilities or criminal records. Candidates from such groups are actively encouraged to apply