- Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Reception class
- Haringey Primary School
- Ongoing contract
A welcoming and diverse primary school in Haringey are looking for a level 3 trained Early Years Educator to join their staff for the rest of the academic year. The Role
In this role you will be supporting children with Special Needs in one of the school's reception class. There is a number of high need children with the year group and you will be working with the large staff team to support them in play-based learning, whole class carpet sessions and individual one to one focussed sessions. You will be required to support the teacher with other duties as required. You will also be required to do some lunch duties as well.
The school are looking for a teaching assistant with the following:
- EYFS experience
- Experience with working with autistic children, preferably training in autism strategies etc
- Must be happy to change nappies when needed (2 of the SEN children are not toilet trained)
- We don't run a specific 1:1 so the person may work with some different SEND children, be responsible for a 'zone', work with one or two other SNAs with a group of SEN children
- Patience, compassion, relationship building with non-verbal children a must
- The ability to work well within a team
This role is full time (8.30-3.30 with half hour lunch break). The contract is offered until the end of the school year. The School
This well-resourced school is based in Haringey and is part of a larger diverse community based facility with an Early Years provision and SEND school. The school works hard make a difference for all pupils. The dedicated leadership and staff team work hard to give the children a first class, stimulating, fun and well-rounded educational experience. Staff at the school are friendly and welcoming and work closely as a team. The school is easily accessible by local public transport.
If this role is of interest, please apply ASAP with an up to date CV. We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Philosophy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.