Teaching Assistant- Full Time - Mansfield
An alternative provision in Mansfield are seeking a full-time and part time Teaching Assistant starting ASAP
The successful applicant will provide a complementary service to teachers and other staff, addressing the needs of children who require assistance in overcoming barriers to learning to achieve their full potential, or accessing the curriculum. In addition to supporting access to learning, you will also be expected to effectively manage behaviour and support pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
The school take an holistic and precise approach to its learners needs. building a team around each child in its care and work collaboratively with each stakeholder to effect change.
Duties will include:
* Providing 1:1 and small group support for pupils in KS2 to KS4 with complex Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs
* Working closely with families and the wider community to ensure the provision of effective, holistic support
* Working with young people whose behaviour and disaffection has significant impact upon their attainment
* Improving pupil progress and achievement by helping to minimise barriers to learning and maximise pupil participation
* Devising, implementing, and evaluating specialist programmes of work to encourage and promote a pupils' social, emotional, and behavioural development
* Planning and facilitating structured activities, to support pupils to make appropriate use of unstructured times
* Working effectively and collaboratively with teachers, support staff and external agencies as required to ensure effective support provision for all pupils
We are ideally seeking a Teaching Assistant with previous experience providing support for young people with additional needs. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with key professionals at all levels. Experience with SEMH and PRU is ideal but an understanding and calming presence that understands the Children and respects them.
Working with Teachers UK gives you benefits such as:
* Dedicated specialist consultants committed to getting you your desired employment
* Competitive rates of daily pay
* Attractive refer a friend scheme
Teachers UK a leading education recruitment agency placing Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors, HLTAs and Nursery Nurses into Schools and Nurseries across East midlands
Teachers UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all supply staff to share this commitment. As part of our recruitment process, we will undertake the necessary checks to complete your registration with us, inclusive of a video interview, current references, and DBS check