The position is to start in September 2022 per week in Newham (Monday - Friday 08:15 - 16:00), term time only. The role is ideal for those who have a passion and committed to make positive relationships with children at schools, helping them achieve their potential.
What does the role involve?
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they can:
* Establish supportive relationships,
* Take into account the learning support required, to support children to engage with their learning as effectively as possible,
* Assist, with the class teacher (and other professionals as appropriate), in the implementation of directed programmes of support
* Deliver targeted interventions,
* Assist children with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis,
* Provide expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil's learning.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
* Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
* The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
* Experience with epilepsy is beneficial although training will be provided.
* Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
* The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
* The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
* Qualifications preferred include GCSE, CACHE Diploma Level 3 in Child Development or equivalent qualification.
At Career Teachers we are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12 week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Important Notice: In order for you to be successful in applying for the above position you should be eligible to work in the UK, or hold a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and integrity are at the heart of what we do. During the application process you are required to:
- Attend an interview in person;
- Give details for us to complete Reference checks;
- Provide an Enhanced DBS disclosure
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. We have a policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we encourage you to please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Career Teachers is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients