Inspiring Teaching are currently seeking an experienced Nursery Practitioner on a full-time basis for our client's fabulous nursery based in Edgware, London.
You MUST be passionate and confident about working with children and have excellent communication skills.
Candidates MUST have NVQ Level 3
Typical working hours are:
Monday 7.45 - 2.30pm
Tuesday 7.45 - 12.30pm
Wednesday 7.45 - 5.30pm
Thursday 7.45 - 3.30pm
Friday 7.45 - 2pm
You would need to be flexible as these times are likely to change
Your main responsibilities will be:
• To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, always.
• To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
• To help ensure the preschool nursery always meets Ofsted requirements.
• To undertake designated officer roles as directed.
• To work with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of children and families.
• To understand and work to preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to
deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents,
complaints and emergencies.
• To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
• To be a key person responsible for at least 5 key children
• To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g., daily attendance register, accident and
incident book, risk assessments
• To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and its curriculum, exchanging information about children's progress and encouraging parents' involvement.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
• Level 3 qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent. We may consider level 2 as a minimum requirement.
• Excellent working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and current Ofsted statutory.
• Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities.
• Empathy and understanding of children under five.
• Must have experience working with babies under 2 years.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents.
• Ability to write reports, complete written learning journals and keep clear and accurate records
Please apply ASAP to be considered for this excellent opportunity