About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality - which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see .Position Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated, well-organized, and laboratory-focused senior or principal research associate that will play a key role in supporting project needs for basic biology research in an oncology small molecule development team. The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the generation of novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Position level will commensurate with experience.Key Responsibilities
- Designing and executing cell-based assays to support mechanism of action studies of our small molecule inhibitors
- Adapting new technologies to evaluate our proprietary compounds
- Perform experiments to identify pharmacodynamic, prognostic and predictive biomarkers
- Conducting cutting edge laboratory research and be able to analyze and critically interpret scientific data and present findings on regular basis
- Design research experiments with general supervision and work independently to execute experiments
- Analyze and interpret scientific results with general supervision
- Degree in cell biology and/or a related discipline and 3+ years of relevant experience (BS/BA) or 2+ years of relevant experience (MS)
- At least 2 years relevant hands-on experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is preferred
- Expertise in mammalian tissue culture, western blot, ELISA, qPCR, siRNA/shRNA knockdown, cell viability assays and other basic molecular and cell biology techniques
- Experience with flow cytometry or microscopy is a plus
- Identify new methods and techniques from literature in research area(s) related to assigned projects
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment, informed decision making, work to ambitious timelines
- Ability to balance execution of tasks required to accomplish goals while keeping scientific curiosity and exchanging experimental ideas
- Detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Fosters a professionalism and collegial attitude towards colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.