Student Welfare Supervisor
Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm, £90 per day
Secondary School, Redbridge
Trial day w/c 1st November, full time from there.
We are looking for a Student Welfare Supervisor to join a secondary school in Redbridge. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the supervision, safety and welfare of students at the start of school, during break/lunch times, end of school and in the playground and circulation areas. You will be responsible for Student Welfare Assistants, and Midday Assistants.
Trial days are to be held week commencing Monday 1st November.
The Student Welfare Assistant duties will include:
- To be on duty in the area allocated and the time allocated each day
- To supervise all school duties to ensure the duty rotas are followed and covered
- To ensure the Student Welfare Assistants are allocated around the school site to cover gaps in any duty rotas
- To assist in ensuring the community behaviour of students is appropriate and representative of the school
- Participate in all aspects of the management and improvement of Student Behaviour and the prevention of poor behaviour in line with the schools Behaviour Policy
- Participate in the supervision of Learning Zone; registering students who are internally excluded and organising work for them
- To respond to ECOPs (Emergency Call Out Procedure) as they occur during the school day
- Participate in the supervision of the well-being room as required
- To be flexible as a member of the Inclusion Team, supporting the work of the rest of the team when appropriate
The successful Student Welfare Supervisor will have:
- Degree level qualification
- Supervisory experience working within a school setting (open to experience)
- Enhanced DBS registered on the Online Update Service
- An excellent and bubbly personality!
Please apply today if you are interested, as we are looking for immediate starts from week commencing Monday 1st November for a trial days. Alternatively, please send an email to Laura at Veritas Education on .
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'