Substitute Classroom Teachers-Middle School. Job in Pittsburgh E-Nursery Jobs
- Job Reference: 426462885-2
- Date Posted: 19 November 2021
- Recruiter: Shady Side Academy
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent
Shady Side Academy is a nationally respected private school in Pittsburgh for boys and girls in grades pre-kindergarten through 12, with an optional boarding experience in high school. Four age-specific campuses with extraordinary resources, teachers who actively mentor, a forward-thinking curriculum, a diverse and inclusive community, and a legacy of alumni accomplishments all inspire Shady Side students to high achievement in academics, the arts and athletics and to meaningful ambitions in life. The Middle School enrolls 194 students in grades six-eight and is located in the Fox Chapel suburb of Pittsburgh.
Shady Side Academy's Middle School is seeking substitute teachers to support our classroom teachers when there are absences.
Responsibilities will include:
* Teaching and managing classes that are content specific.
* Working as a part of a team; extra duties include advisory duties
* Being an integral part of a caring community of learners
A successful candidate will have:
* A depth of knowledge and understanding of middle school aged youth
* A passion for working with young people
* Sensitivity to diverse communities of learners and an appreciation of developmental differences in an middle school setting
* A knowledge of 21st Century Skills and how they relate to classroom teaching
* Content-specific knowledge is not necessary, but can be an advantage
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information of three references via the employment page at .
Shady Side Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or disability. Our campuses are tobacco-free
A bachelor's degree is required, further degrees a bonus. Ideal candidates will have at least three to five years of middle school teaching experience, an understanding of differentiated instruction, a flexible and team-oriented approach, excellent written and oral communication skills, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, superior interpersonal skills, and a sense of humor.