Do you have a passion for education and love working with children? Have you ever thought about if a career in teaching was right for you? Do you want to work in a positive, friendly environment that will help kids play, learn, laugh and grow?
If so, look no further! Now is your chance to take control of your future and make a difference in our community by becoming a Substitute Teacher!
Parallel Education Division is hiring Substitute Teachers for the 2021-2022 school year. We specialize in providing Substitute Teachers to Public, Private, and Charter schools and are currently partners with over 500 schools across the nation. All degree fields and careers are welcome, including retirees. Whether you are interested in pursuing teaching or are interested in employment with flexible hours, we would enjoy speaking with you.
Flexible scheduling is available with Full time or part-time hours. You create your own schedule!
- Shift: 1st shift range - 7am to 4pm range
- Wage: Starting at $17 to $19/hour
- Both Short Term and Long Term positions through the year!
- Employee Driven Full-Time Opportunity with Reasonable Assurance! Work when school is in session and enjoy breaks when school is out of session!
Job Description Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of the Substitute Teacher includes (but not limited to):
- Carrying out necessary daily tasks and responsibilities in place of the teacher whose absence is being substituted
- Reviewing and implementing lessons prepared by the absent teacher including regular routines and procedures
- Possessing strong classroom management skills
- Mentoring and engaging students
- Demonstrating a passion for working with students
- Creating a safe and nurturing educational learning environment
- Maintaining a positive, friendly, and respectful demeanor at all times
- Establishing positive relationships with Parallel staff as well as school administrators, teachers, families, and students
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Classroom experience preferred but not required
- Associates Degree or higher required for Substitute Teachers
- Criminal History Background Check - both State and Federal
- Drug screening with negative results
- Minimum of Associate's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Substitute/Teaching License from the WI Department of Public Instruction (maintained at employees expense)
- Compliance with federal COVID vaccination or testing
Take advantage of Substitute Teaching as a stepping stone to further your career! Many of our schools offer direct hire for Full time permanent placement teaching positions. Choose from hundreds of open jobs 24/7 using our online system or utilize our live dispatch center operating under extended business hours.
- Benefits offered for eligible employees
- Weekly electronic pay
- Referral bonuses
- Flexible scheduling - work only during school hours!
Donâ€ t have a Substitute Permit? NO PROBLEM! Our local representatives are here to guide you.
As a Substitute with Parallel Education Division, you will enjoy meaningful work with a dynamic company that strives towards excellence in education and learning. We look forward to having you join our team!
Parallel Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Parallel is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Parallel are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by federal/state laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Parallel will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Substitute Teacher, Location: Waukesha, WI - 53187