To support interns on Prospects supported internships to teach interns and complete the Pearson's employability work skills accreditation. To provide 1 2 1 tuition support as required to interns and training and support for business partners and families, to ensure success during the supported internship and to prepare interns for job opportunities both within and outside of the host employer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Provide direction and organisation to the on-site learning programme
Recruit appropriate students with disabilities for the programme / conduct education assessments for those who have applied
Plan and deliver (including virtual) daily classroom activities and lesson plans in line with agreed units to achieve the Pearson's employability award (Entry Level 3 - Level 2),
Deliver daily classroom support in literacy and numeracy (remote).
Support interns to develop the Pearson's portfolios to achieve the accreditation and skills attained, letter of recommendations from internship sites, etc.
Assesses student skills
Be responsible for the emotional and social welfare of the interns
Work with local authorities and businesses, attend reviews and other meetings as required to meet student progression and employment needs.
Develop IEP and transition plan for students and creates "career plan" based on individual preferences and skills
Attend host business induction to ensure intern understanding and learning
Works with STG job coach and with department managers to develop internship sites, write job descriptions and plan for necessary job modifications
Works with parents, the local authority and other supported internship stakeholders to support the progression of the interns
* Proven record of success in engaging SEN participants on Programme.
* Experience of providing group and one- to- one tutor support or coaching and positively influencing other people's professional or personal development.
* Experience of working with teams to set and maintain a positive culture
* Strong track record of achieving outcomes for young people
* Strong communicator verbally, in writing and using various IT tools with a diverse group including Senior Managers, other professionals, young people and parents.
* Strong leadership skills including with young people
* Good administration, IT and organisational skills with good experience of using MS office software.
* Able to quickly identify problems, think flexibly and resolve issues.
* Solutions focused with ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Flexibility to cope with the varying demands of the role, managing time effectively to achieve the desired results.
* Effective negotiation and persuasion skills.
* NVQ Level 6 or equivalent qualification in Careers Education and Guidance, Youth and Community work or Social Care (or working towards)