Position Title: Teaching Assistant - Secondary Schools
Contract Type: Temporary, Term Time Only
Work Location: Chester and Cheshire West
DBS Check Required: Yes (can be gained via Excell Supply if necessary)
Excell-Supply are working with numerous schools and are actively looking for a secondary school teaching assistant for day to day, short term, long term, part time and full-time positions.
Are you a Teaching assistant looking for some supply teaching assistant work? Whether that's full time, part time or one day a week. Supply work is very flexible and can fit around your busy lifestyle. Excell Supply have been established in North Wales for 11 years and have great relationships with the schools across North Wales, Cheshire, and Shropshire. If you join Excell Supply, you will have a great team to support you in your roles. The Excell Team is made up of Teachers, TA's, Educational Advisors and Account Managers with years of experiences and knowledge of education and they are more than happy to share best practice in order for you to learn and grow as educational professionals.
Responsibilities and requirements
* Have the drive and determination to make a difference
* Have high expectations of pupils' achievement and behaviour
* Be an excellent and inspirational class practitioner, who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice and who has children at the heart of all they do
* Be enthusiastic, flexible, creative and ambitious
* Excellent communication skills
* Recent and relevant experience of working with children and in particular in the Foundation phase.
* Excellent numeracy/literacy skills.
* Excellent behaviour management skills.
* High expectations of children's achievement.
* The ability to be flexible, show initiative, be reliable and enthusiastic.
To be considered for this role you would need to have:
* Desired - Teaching assistant Level 2 or 3 qualification
* Ideally Worked with children in the 5 years
* Right to work in the UK.
Following successful checks, the candidate will be able to start as soon as they are clear for work. Please be aware due to the nature of the pupil's occasional absence, there may be days when attendance for the role will not be necessary.
What to expect from Excell Supply
* Excellent rates of pay
* Work that you want - we listen to your needs
* Recommend a Friend Scheme - earn up to £100 per referral?
* A designated Account Manager who has strong working relationships with schools in your area
* Opportunity for permanent positions
* Support and advice from our Professional Mentors including lesson observations
* Access to a full calendar of CPD opportunities in the form of our Twilight Training Programme and other courses delivered during the school holidays
As members of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) and Umbrella body to the DBS, (Disclosure & Barring Service) Excell Supply is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. All applicants will be subject to thorough employment checks and must have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service certificate in place. Candidates without an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service will have to apply for a new one.
If you believe you have the skills required for this role, please apply now. If you haven't heard from us within two weeks of the vacancy closing date you should assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important Notice In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Excell Supply are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients. It is Excell Supply's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Excell Supply is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients