TEACHING ASSISTANT - East Hertfordshire - UP TO £85 PER DAY
Engage Education are working with a lovely, friendly and progressive Secondary school in East Hertfordshire to recruit various Teaching Assistants to work across key stage 3 and key stage 4, supporting children diagnosed with Special Educational Needs (SEND) and Social, Emotional Mental Health (SEMH)
SEND Needs: Autism, ADHD, Down's Syndrome and Moderate Learning Difficulties
SEMH Needs: Anxiety, Depression and Trauma
The school has a very supportive senior leadership team and a progressive nature. They are located close to local stations and have on-site parking.
Applications for the position are welcome from candidates of ranging experience although previous experience working with students with challenging behaviour is an advantage due to the nature of the role.
If you are a future/aspiring Teacher, Sports Coach or an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant this opportunity could be ideal for you. In addition, if you have experience as a Youth Worker, Support Worker or Behaviour Mentor and you are interested in education, please do apply!
- Have experience working with children aged between 1-18 years
- Be confident at managing challenging behaviour
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to build professional relationships with students
- Have a fun but firm presence
- Have an interest in education
- Have a passion for SEND and/or SEMH
Applications are encouraged from:
- Sports Coaches
- Youth Workers
- Behaviour Mentors
- SEN Teaching Assistants
- Learning Support Assistants
- Support Workers
Engage Education is a widely recognised, award-winning education recruitment company. We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and professional development that we offer our teachers and support staff. We:
- Offer an excellent 'refer a friend scheme that pays you £150 for each candidate you refer to us after they have worked and been paid for their first 10 days
- Pay in line with the Agency Worker Regulations (AWR) meaning you will be paid equally to a permanent employee
- Ensure that you will have your own dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support and guidance
- Give you access for a wide range of CPD training through our in-house team of experienced senior leaders
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Engage Education directly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification.
Engage Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to Engage Education Ltd storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education