Teaching Assistant - SEN
Hull and East Riding
Full or part time roles
£70 - £80 per day
Vision for Education Hull are urgently seeking skilled SEN specialist teaching assistants to work within primary and SEN schools throughout the region.
As an SEN teaching assistant, the role can vary from school to school and can include the following duties;
Assistance with communication
Run or assist with Nuture groups
Personal care and toilet training
Working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups
Nurturing children's physical, social and emotional welfare
Keep records and attend review meetings
Once cleared for work you will have the option to take on longer term roles in individual schools, or chose day to day supply cover which could see you working at different schools each week (within a 15 mile radius). Both of these roles require a flexible, resilient and posaitive attitude.
As an SEN teaching assistant through Vision for Education you will work with children with a range of SEN such as Autism, ADHD, SLCN, SEMH, and PD, so experience in one or more of there areas would be desirable.
To be a successfull in this role you will:
• Have a minimum of 1 years experience working within a school or care setting
• Be able to promote a safe and positive learning environment
• Mentor and engage with the pupils, successfully delivering specifically designed educational packages
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Our brand new Hull Branch is now open! Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced teaching assistant with experience of SEN, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Hull Branch on (phone number removed)