Teaching Assistant Positions, Primary Schools, Wimbledon!
Roles to start immediately. (September 2022)
Teaching Personnel are the market leaders for careers in education. Responsible for recruiting teachers and learning support staff for primary, secondary and special schools across England & Wales. We are able to support prospective candidates with long term, short term AND permanent placements whereby you secure a role working directly with a school.
Also known as learning support assistants, LSA/TA s support the learning activities in the classroom. The work involves supporting children independently or in small groups. Usually TA s tend to support the whole class however, they usually work exclusively with pupils with special educational needs (SEN) or those pupils who may have a range of learning and/or behavioural difficulties.
What your role will include:
- An understanding of the Teaching Assistant role supporting and overseeing pupils on set tasks and the expected outcomes of individual activities within the allocated time-scale
- To be calm under pressure, adaptable and enthusiastic
- To be compassionate, have a positive attitude and encouraging
- Good listening ability and to be sensitive to pupils individuals needs
- Promote positive behaviour management skills
- Understanding of SEN
- Knowledge of a range of learning support needs
- Supporting with Literacy and Maths and helping to explain how to apply what they have learnt in lesson
- Providing supervision during break/lunch times when required
- Listening to pupils read and read to pupils as a class, group or one-to-one
- Guiding and monitoring pupil progress
- Undertaking a variety of duties that free up a teacher's time, such as preparing the classroom
Benefits of working with Teaching Personnel:
- 20 plus years experience as the leading Education Recruitment agency working in partnership with countless Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools
- Weekly Pay - PAYE included
- A dedicated, specialist consultant to support you and your needs
- Unrivalled CPD opportunities including Team Teach, NASEN and Autism Awareness
- Full or flexible part-time work to fit around your existing commitments
- School based working hours - 8:30am-15:30pm
- A chance to commit to a permanent contract if desired
For the role ideally you should aim to have Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant qualification and basic literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, in Maths and English) but this is not always required if you have previously worked with children in other professional or information capacities.