Are you a Teaching Assistant looking for a part time or full time role in Workington?
Joseph Yates is recruiting for Teaching Assistants for a Secondary School in Workington.
We are interested in hearing from Teaching Assistants who either have experience working with pupils or are looking to gain experience. We are looking for candidates who have an interest in education and in working with children, along with good communication and 'people' skills.
Work as a TA can involve:
- Supporting school work and preparing learning resources under the supervision of the teacher.
- Encouraging and supporting the routine that has been set in place for the individual.
- Encouraging the individual's confidence, self-esteem and independence.
- Helping the child understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating.
- Providing feedback and assistance to teachers.
- Supporting the individual in social activities and on outings.
What personal qualities and skills does working as a TA on supply require?
You will need an interest in education and in working with children along with good communication and 'people' skills. You will need to have a mature approach to your work and a responsible attitude along with much patience and a sense of humour at times! You will need to be a patient person who has compassion and empathy and also a drive to see others flourish and succeed as they learn.
If you are looking for a new opportunity and you are interested in registering with Veritas for Teaching Assistant supply work, please apply online and our consultants will contact you to arrange a registration interview.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'