Teaching Assistants in Maths and English
Full time during Term Time (job shares considered)
Up to £14,603 (actual salary for fixed term, term time only role, starting in January 2022)
Can you inspire our students to improve their maths and or English? Can you work with our students to develop the skills they need to be successful in their exams? Can you work with small groups (up to 5) and individual students to help them understand what they have not managed to grasp so far? Can you motivate our students and move them from "I can't!" to "I can!"?
If you can answer "Yes", then perhaps you want to work with a team who love English and maths and are committed to putting students first, share their ideas and are always looking for ways to improve.
You will be dynamic, have experience of working with young people to improve their English and maths skills particularly at GCSE level and you will put students at the heart of everything you do.
If you are part of the team at Nescot, you will:
- Enthuse students and motivate them to succeed
- Understand how well your students are performing and act to help them improve. Create ways of helping students to improve their performance in literacy /numeracy
- Find ways around the difficulties students have with their skills. Identify and use strategies to support students with their English and mathematical skills
- Contribute to the further improvement of teaching and learning in Maths/ English with colleagues in the department
- Work closely with teachers and managers to help students to improve their Maths and literacy skills
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 4 January 2022
Interviews will be held w/c 10 January 2022