Position: Third in Charge
Salary Banding: £20,400 to £29,000 per annum (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
Hours: Full time / Permanent / Mon-Fri / 40 hours
Location: Bright Horizons Haddenham Day Nursery and Preschool
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Third in Charge to join the team at our newly opening Bright Horizons Haddenham Day Nursery and Preschool when it opens its doors in September 2021!
The 91 place, brand new and purpose-built nursery will feature 6 beautiful, well-resourced rooms across 2 floors. The 4 ground floor rooms will have free flow access to the large nursery garden, and the 2 first floor rooms will have access to an external balcony area.
Situated at the Haddenham Airfield Development, just opposite the Haddenham and Thame Parkway Station, the nursery will form part of a local neighbourhood centre for the community, where you will be close to local amenities including a small supermarket next door! The nursery has great transport links via train and car, based 6 miles from Aylesbury and just 7 miles east of the M40 junction 7, and there is plenty of onsite parking.
As a Third in Charge working with Bright Horizons, you can expect a competitive salary, great company benefits including a retail discount scheme, and fantastic development opportunities.
Purpose of Role:
The Third In Charge in the absence of the manager and deputy manager will have the overall responsibility for oversight of safeguarding, health and safety practices and child protection in the setting, and maintaining accurate and up to date systems and records at all times.
The Third In Charge working in partnership the Manager and Deputy Manager is responsible for the effective leadership of the nursery team, providing training, coaching and mentoring and implementing a robust performance management strategy supporting Room Leaders and team members to ensure service excellence for our current and prospective customers. This includes role modelling leadership behaviour in line our HEART principles, supporting to deliver or exceeding all key performance indicators and business results.
The Third In Charge will effectively lead, inspire potential and engage their team to deliver exceptional care and education. You will deliver high engagement with staff and families whilst ensuring the expected levels of practice are consistently applied and fully embedded at every level
The role works in partnership with the NM, DM and EC specialist to manage the execution of service delivery in line with regulatory, customer, client and employee expectations, and to develop staff teams that achieve consistent high-quality performance within the nursery. The expectation is this will be delivered by being present throughout the day in the nursery rooms and can be as part of ratio staff. This should be delivered through leading and managing by example, role-modelling best practice and observation and assessment of standards and practice throughout the nursery.
In addition, this role will work with the Room Leaders and nursery team together with EC Specialists to drive continuous improvement and embed inspirational early years pedagogy of the highest standard, across nursery teams, and secure regulatory compliance with better than National Average inspection outcomes in the UK.
You will support to sharing and articulating the attributes of the Bright Horizons brand, securing Bright Horizons as the provider of choice for families, corporate clients, and employees.
* Working in collaboration with colleagues and the NM & DM in achieving positive working relationships through effective communication leadership and guidance and the support of all members of the nursery team.
* A strong record of on-going training and/or professional qualifications since qualifying
* Proven experience of working in early years education settings with successful management leading to 'Good or Outstanding ' regulatory inspection outcomes
* Strong decision-maker, with the proven ability to work as part of a larger team to ensure essential day to day tasks are completed in line with nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Experience of food preparation and the completion of relevant training linked to food management
* Experience of proving support and leadership to a staff team to enable staff in fulfil their roles, responsibilities and legislation duty in relation to safeguarding children.
* Leading teams through coaching and mentoring
* Experience of budget management, efficient staff deployment and rostering programmes and ICT knowledge
* Knowledge of Local Authority and Regulatory requirements and inspection processes across the UK
* Current 12hrs Paediatric First Aid Certificate
* Coaching and mentoring experience.
* Full and relevant level 3 qualification (essential)
* 12 hours paediatric first aid and first aid at work (essential)
* Level 2 Food Hygiene or equivalent training and compliance in food management
* Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly (essential)
* Evidence of continuous professional development
* Undergraduate or Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Studies or other relevant subject (Desirable)
* EYPP/EYTT or QTS post graduate status (Desirable)
* Full, clean driving licence and flexibility to travel as necessary
* Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques (oral and in writing)
* Ability to lead and inspire nursery leaders and colleagues to achieve the highest standards or care and education.
* Highly motivated and driven, achieving positive impact and meeting deadlines
* Ability to build trust and develop cohesive teams - strong empathy to understand child and parents view, clear expectations and fair-minded
* Able to manage workload and manage time effectively to deliver the desired results
* Able and competent user of company ICT systems and have the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills
We look forward to receiving your application